Situated in south central Tyler, the Donnybrook Duplex Residential Historic District is approximately one and one-half miles south of Tyler’s courthouse square. It encompasses 18 duplex dwellings built in 1947 and 1948. All the dwellings are one-story wood frame Colonial Revival/Ranch influenced duplexes built by a local real estate developer, R.J. Henderson. The duplexes are a rare example of duxples development erected in the immediate post-World War II period in Tyler. The duplexes utilize five basic massing forms distinguished by variations in porch and roof design. Materials are buff brick or red brick veneer with wood detailing and the dwellings are distinctive for similar form, embellishment and construction method. Landscaping in the district includes informal plantings of shrubs and lawn. Concrete walks lead to each front door. The district was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.